Conveniently located to serve Boston, Cambridge, Peabody, and Manchester
Breast procedures are cosmetic procedures that involve the breast area. They can enhance, modify, or reduce the breasts in order to cater to the needs and ideals of the patients. At Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, we offer many different breast procedures to North Shore, MA, patients.
What Are Our Breast Procedures?
Most breast procedures are surgical cosmetic procedures. They could treat one or both breasts at the same time. Each breast procedure is designed to achieve certain goals or solve the concerns of the patients. Here are the different breast procedures we offer to our patients:
- Breast Augmentation – Breast augmentation is not only the most popular breast procedure but also one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the country. It enhances the size, fullness, and symmetry of a woman’s breasts through breast implants or fat grafting.
- Breast Lift – When it comes to addressing changes in the breasts such as sagging, loss of volume, and enlargement of nipples, a breast lift is the ideal breast procedure. It is also called mastopexy and is usually suitable for women who experience breast changes due to weight loss, pregnancy, or aging.
- Breast Reconstruction – This breast procedure is specifically created for women after breast cancer. Breast cancer can make it necessary to alter or even remove one or both breasts. Breast reconstruction can restore the appearance of the breasts, helping them appear very similar to how they looked before the cancer.
- Breast Reduction – Breast reduction is a breast procedure that eliminates the pain and discomfort they suffer due to their large and heavy breasts. This allows women to perform physical activities without any difficulty or hindrance from their breasts. Some women also undergo this procedure for aesthetic reasons.
- Breast Revision – This procedure was developed to help women who are unsatisfied with the results of their initial breast augmentation procedure for cosmetic and/or medical reasons.
Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Procedures?
Women who have aesthetic issues with their breasts are ideal candidates for breast procedures. Good candidates are healthy and have realistic goals. Patients who are not pregnant or breastfeeding and have no upcoming pregnancy plans are excellent candidates.
During your consultation, you can talk about your concerns and goals regarding your breast area. An evaluation of medical history and a proper physical exam will be required during the consultation. The surgeon will recommend the ideal breast procedure based on your condition and goals. A personalized surgical plan will be created according to the chosen breast procedure.
The surgeon will discuss all the details of the surgical plan with you. This includes the actual surgery, recovery, and estimated cost of the procedure. Photos of potential results will also be shown so you will have an expectation from your surgery. The schedule of the surgery will be based on a date convenient to you and the surgeon.
Breast procedures generally last several hours; the exact duration will vary depending on the chosen procedure and treatment plan. Anesthesia will be used for patient comfort. Aside from fat grafting, where fat will be drawn first from a donor area before the actual breast procedure, most breast surgeries will start by making targeted incisions.
Once the necessary corrections and techniques are performed, the incisions will be closed using sutures, and a bandage will be applied. An extra layer of support for the breast will be used, usually protective clothing. The surgeon may opt to insert a tiny tube to drain any fluid during the recovery period.
The Recovery Process
The duration of the recovery depends on the chosen breast procedure, the number of breasts involved, and the healing capability of the patient. The patient will experience minor bruising, swelling, and discomfort during the recovery period. The surgeon will provide recovery instructions and medical prescriptions.
How Much Do Breast Procedures Cost?
The price of each breast procedure is different. The different surgical techniques and anesthesia used will impact the total cost of the breast procedure.
Contact Us to Learn More
If you want to learn more about the different breast procedures available in North Shore, MA, visit Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Contact us today to set up an appointment!
Real Patient Testimonials
“Dr. Hadaegh, You made my Tummy tuck and breast reduction as uncomplicated and stress free as possible. Your demeanor and bedside manner are wonderful and professional."
"Dr. Hadaegh & Staff – You took a tearful woman & made her look forward to laughing with you each week – Many Thanks"
"Five star, from Dr. Hadaegh, to his office staff and operating room staff….fantastic! I look better now then I did 10 years ago!"